Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Arrival in Delhi

We blasted off from JFK on schedule. Wonderful flight because the plane was only half full, so I got an entire middle section all to myself. Slept a lot of the flight. Arrived in Delhi about 2:20pm here- pretty warm. Am I back in Egypt?? The immigration officer even asked me "why did you come during Indian summer?" I didn't know what to say because I didn't think it was Indian summer. Delhi is home to 16 million people and at about 6:00pm you can certainly tell. We took a walking tour around Connaught Place - it's like China - you have to have the underground walkways to cross the street or be killed by a tuk tuk or motorcycle. I'm warning you in advance the photos are not the greatest - have makeup in my eyes from sleeping on the plane, they are out of a bus window, and some while walking and trying not to get lost.
Tomorrow we have our tour of Delhi and then on to Agra.

1 comment: